Residential Structural Engineering Services
Helping shape homeowners’ dreams into a beautifully designed reality
A Simple and Easy Process
Our experts provide guidance and streamline the process in three simple steps.
Latest From Our Blog
Site design is crucial, as it determines how your home will be situated on your property and how it will interact with the surroundings. In
Why Jones & DeMille Structural Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of residential structural design engineering services you offer?
- New Residential Structural design
- Structural for Remodels and Additions (decks)
- Foundation Design
- Structural Integrity Inspections
- Retaining/Rock Wall Design
- Site Plans
Why do I need to hire a Structural Engineer?
While it is important to have the architect’s design include the correct shape, size, and appearance, it is more important that the “bones” of the structure are designed correctly. The structural system will determine the longevity and durability of the structure.
What does a Structural Engineer provide?
- The knowledge and expertise for any project that requires a detailed analysis and design of the structure.
- An analysis of how rain, snow, wind, seismic activity, and other naturally occurring forces will affect the structure. This can also include various uses of loading in which it is being subjected.
- An assessment of the vulnerabilities that currently exist.
- Selection of framing systems and recommendations for construction and economic feasibility.
- Industry knowledge of common construction materials such as steel, concrete, wood, and masonry.
- Preparation of structural plans and reports for the structure as well as coordination with other building systems.
What new rules or regulations are going to affect my project?
An experienced structural engineer will be up to date on current building codes. Therefore, new updated information provides new insights into new building systems and technology.
Why do you think that JDE is the right firm for this project?
Our structural experts offer an accurate and streamlined process from start to finish. Also, we are local and familiar with the building codes and regulations required for residential construction projects providing expertise and success.
Once the design is complete, what is the expected involvement?
We understand the completion of a project is just one part of the structural design and building process. Therefore, we go beyond the project and provide support to the homeowners even after they have moved in. We know that life can change in an instant. That is why we are readily available to take that call when needed.